Frequently Asked Questions
If you have suggestions or questions regarding our website, please do not hesitate to email us to let us know. We are constantly looking to upgrade the quality of our website, and your opinion is very valuable to us as we do this. For more answers to your questions, please Sign Up for free and then Login to view more Frequently Asked Questions.
- Who is eligible for digital distribution? Any artist or band that has created an account with Born A Musician and has agreed to the terms & conditions and the digital distribution agreement.
- Am I giving away any rights to my music? No. You are only giving us the non-exclusive rights to deliver your music to digital music stores on your behalf.
- Is my music guaranteed to be available in all stores? Unfortunately, no. Each store has the right to refuse your release. Reasons for rejection could be: The quality of the recording or artwork. The genre of your music is not accommodated by the store or abusive and extreme political content.
- How long will my release be available in the shops? Your release will be available for as long as your subscription or renewal fees have been paid or until you tell us to remove your release from the shops.
- Will my release be available in all countries? If a shop is currently available in a particular country, your release will be available. There are also hundreds of shops in different countries that you maybe do not even know about. Your release will also be available in these shops.
- Do I have to own the rights to the music I release? You must own the rights or have been given permission by the rights owner and have your release approved by them. This applies to cover versions, Re-mixes & for the use of sampled pieces of music, vocals, radio, film or TV samples used within your release.
- When do I get paid? Every time you reach $20.00 or more in sales
- How do I get paid? You have the option to be paid using your PayPal account or Direct Deposit to your bank account. Sign up now with PayPal.com
- How do I take down my song and how much does it cost? The charge to take down a Single, EP or Album $20.00. To take down your release, you must do the following. Login and click on My Releases. Then click on the pencil icon next to where it says delivered. Then click on the World Icon that has a Red X and the following image below will appear.
- How can I update my releases? To update your release, you must do the following. Login and click on My Releases. Then click on the pencil icon next to where it says delivered. Click on the pencil again to edit your release and the following image below will appear.